The Flexible Working Task Force, a partnership across government departments, business groups, trade unions and charities has launched a campaign to increase the uptake of flexible working.
It highlights the business benefits of flexible working which include:
- Addressing skill and labour shortages by making work more accessible to older people and those with caring responsibilities.
- Improving productivity by increasing employee motivation.
- Boosting job satisfaction, engagement and well-being, while also helping to reduce sickness absence.
- Helping in the retention of staff, particularly those with caring responsibilities.
- Creating more diverse workforces which reduces the gender pay gap by giving more opportunities for women to progress into senior roles.
At JSD we understand the value of flexible working and the added dimensions that employees with a life outside the workplace bring to businesses. We have seen at first-hand the benefits of our own team enjoying more flexible ways of working.
For more information on how to champion flexible working in your organisation: https://www.cipd.co.uk/news-views/policy-engagement/flexible-working